Great island adventure safaris takes you to the real heart of madagascar
A people of endless smiles welcome you to their island
Take a ride with us, we share with you the most fascinating wildlife viewing
Lemurs are madagascar's most famous flagship species
Madagascar is the bes destination for nature lovers: fascinating biodiversity, diverse cultures, unsploiled beaches
Offering you new destinations in remote wild places
We select the bes accommodation to suit your requirements
About two - third of world's chameleons inhabits madagascar forests
Explore Madagascar‘s unique wildlife, cultural diversity and contrasting landscapes with Great Island Adventure Safaris. With our wide range of travel experience, we have the firsthand knowledge to make your holiday memorable. We carefully design a unique trip, and take you to the real heart of the country, while you discover a life-enriching experience.
Discover with us the “real Madagascar” from every angle, while you have an opportunity to embrace the authentic Malagasy culture and way of life, not like those describe on the guide book.
If you are looking for Madagascar expert,Great Island Adventure Safaris (GIAS) is right for you. We have unrivalled experience at crafting a memorable holiday which meet your hopes and expectations. Our in-depth knowledge of Madagascar natural history, and wide-ranging experiences in the fields allow us to design for you and for your customers the best quality products and services.
Great Island Adventure Safaris is a privately owned inbound tour company based in Antananarivo,Madagascar and founded by BAKOLY Razanamiarantsoa. She has spent 16 years in the tourism industry as a Malagasy naturalist tour guide specializing in bird watching,wildlife watching,trekking, canoeing and “off-the beaten-track” adventure safaris before starting up her company in 2011. Great Island Adventure Safaris has been operating for the past 6 years, building up a client based of referral and becomes the leader for new hotspot birding tours which are located in remote and wild places (Lake Kinkony, Mandrozo, Bemanevika, Ampitsopitsoka…)
For those who want to see Madagascar rarest birds, let us plan your trip, we will give you the opportunity to explore those rewarding bird hotspots.
We are a small tour company but our enthusiastic Malagasy team is dedicated to provide you personalized quality services and value for money trip, Great Island Adventure Safaris has been awarded in the category of “Gold” by the World Quality Commitment award in 2016. 2016.wqc.jpg
We have passion for Malagasy culture and wildlife, and committed to preserve the culture and environment.
Whether you are looking for adventure, wildlife, cultural tours, family tours, honeymoon and beach holidays Madagascar is the right country for you.
We design for you an authentic adventure trip ranging from easy to most adventurous in wild places, while you have the opportunity to experience a real adventure and encounter with the Malagasy people who share with you its way of life and culture.
Challenge yourself and choose which one suits you
• 3 day trekking inside the National Parks
• 6 to 10 day adventure trekking and basic bush camping
• 1 to 5day canoeing safaris and bush camping
• 2 to 3 day river boat trip (barge)
• The country offers a wide varieties of landscapes from picturesque villages and immense terraced rice-paddies, desolate grassland, breathtaking geological rock formations (Isalo, Tsingy) to 5000 km untouched beaches and 250km reef with some coral islets.
Let us know what is your interest and we design your tour
• If you are fascinated by Malagasy culture we invite to attend one of those samples of tours. The Malagasy people are from mixed ancestry, they are attached to their Asian, African and Arabic inheritance and each ethnic group (18) handle his own culture and ceremonies according to the region and tribe they come from.
Here are a sample of Malagasy traditions: read more. - “Famadihana” or exhumation ceremony is one of the most important traditional ceremony of the Merina people from the central highlands, it’s an inheritance from Indonesian culture. It held every year from July to September
- “Sambatra” or Collective boy circumcision ceremony held every 7 years by Antambahoaka people of the South-east, a cultural heritage from their Arabic ancestors.
- “Fitampoha” or bathing relic ceremony , the most important event for Sakalava people of the western region, it held every 7 years
Travel with us with difference, we are expert on Madagascar tours and offer you:
• Quality tour packages
• New destinations
• Best wildlife viewing
• Authentic encounter with local people
• Quality services in a way you will “feel like home”
• Best value for money trips
We are renowned to have a personalized touch which all of our customers attest.
Below are some feedbacks from past clients. read more ...
“A one woman show that never stopped This letter is in regard to a trip to Madagascar in late August/early September of 2016.
From the initial meeting of the two of us until we were dropped off for our return flight to South Africa,
Bakoly was a total professional. All the trip details were carried out in a seamless manner
and with her terrific smile and great sense of humor always in evidence. Every step we took, and there were many, she took. Those long days for us were even longer for her.....preparation for the next day,
making sure the meals were up to her standards, the list goes on. All these extra steps took place
after very long days in the field, a one woman show that never stopped! ( read more )